Sunday, April 08, 2012
8 years ago was a very strange day in blog history
If you read the post from April 8, 2004 the trend seems to be that everybody had obviously had a case of WBS: Whiny Baby Syndrome. I tried to read all the post but there was so much negativity going on I couldn't bare to read it all. I was kind of considered to be a lesser member of the group back in those days but I have to say at least I was(usually) more emotionally stable then most of the people involved in that donkey show of a day. Needless to say I will not review that day in blog history nor will I review any other. It brings back all of the complaints about people back then that I never was willing to air because well, people were too damned sensitive.

Speaking of the past. I went to Albia today and saw Shannon's and my family. It was fun to see everybody but it also like the blog reminded me of lesser times in my life. As much as I miss the high school days in Nick's basement, I can't say I have too many more fond memories of Albia. I used to look back on things regretfully wishing that just one person in my time there would have recognized my abilities and potential. Luckily I had a group of people that I could relate with/outlets to friendships I had formed in Ottumwa. Now I just look back at it with sadness. There is nothing there for me. MOST of the people who are still there still look at the world from the same narrow lens that they were looking through 8 years ago when I finally left.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com