Monday, April 23, 2012
Mass Effect 3 Ending
So the web has been crazy with controversy over the way Mass Effect 3 ended. I'm going to have to say I don't see what all the complaining is about. The post credit cut scene alone was enough to let us know the story ISN'T over. I have a feeling the ramifications of the public outcry have definitely already made an impact on how future games in the series/new DLC will be handled. I love the fact we can give real time feedback to game developers about our experience so they can do better or different next time. I just think it is unfair for us as consumers to demand that our expected outcome options become a reality. While Mass Effect is different in that you own some portion of the story telling I think it's best to remember that it's not our story. We did not spend thousands of hours crafting these characters and we aren't the ones who know the future of the franchise. I for one would excited based of the current ending to see how the future would pan out after what happened, but apparently others just can't be bothered to have some patience and see what could have been. Now I'm almost certain the free DLC that will be coming out in the future will clear things up, but at what cost to the future of the franchise?

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com