Thursday, July 12, 2012
F:NV: Number Two: More Evidence of Dave
Today I found more evidence of Dave in the Mojave wasteland:


A wee little dino, left atop an ammo box.

How did I find this dino? By blowing up a bunch of jerks, of course. I have been slinging lit dynamite like a robot made to sling lit dynamite and have somehow not run out. Every time I separate someone into little disgusting bits, I reach into their remains and pull out more explosives. And one interesting thing about the engine used in Fallout is that I can reach into the smallest part of the person's body--into a leg or a portion of skull--and extract what I need. Yes! In this game you are able to root around in someone's brains and extract bottle caps, a weapon, a suit of leather armor. I am curious--is this an artifact of carelessness or a carefully considered mechanic to keep you form losing access to loot if an exploded torso goes over the edge of a cliff or glitches into a boulder?

Well, whatever. My real mission today was not to rob corpses but to track down a radio signal, picked up by the boombox strapped to my wrist, and I found its source at this drive-in movie screen.



Well, it was late morning. There was no movie to see. There was a crashed satellite, twitching in the lot.


Can you guess what happened? Yes, you can: I waited for the sun to fall. Some jerks came along at some point and got so close I had to give up the dynamite for a shotgun. But then the night came up and the satellite clicked to life and projected--what?

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com