Monday, April 19, 2004
In Perspective
Ten US soldiers died over the weekend.

I saw this on CNN and Fox news last night when I got back home...or John's...or whatever I should refer to the place I live as. Each station only spent about five minutes talking about this. Then they went on to talk about the war in Iraq in general.

Five minutes for these ten guys who died. I can't even describe how that made me feel. It made my stomach hurt for one thing. I kept thinking about all that I'd done over the weekend. The things I was doing while they were dying. I wondered if I was drinking while they were getting shot. Or maybe I was sitting in the movie theatre while they were being bombarded by rockets and grenades.

Then I thought about how I had complained about little problems I had in my life. I had spent a good part of the weekend pissed off because my phone wasn't working. I was also really bummed out because my boss wouldn't give me permission to apply for a job in the communications dept. All of my problems suddenly seemed very petty and I felt dirty for having been so concerned with them while someones son, someones brother, someones husband died needlessly. They may have thought they were dying to protect my freedom or the freedom of the Iraqi people...who knows? Who knows what they were thinking before they died.

Anyway, I couldn't take it anymore so I changed the channel and tried not to think about it. MTV was having a famous face marathon or something. I watched like an hour and a half of people getting plastic surgery to make themselves look more like their favorite celebrities. One such soul was a cute blonde girl who had done a pictorial in Playboy's College magazine. That was not enough for our aspiring star however, she wanted the bigtime nude model stardom. She wanted to look like Pamela Anderson. The poor girl had to suffer through the excruciating process of breast implants and lip injections. It looked like she was just in pure misery after she got out of the hospital. Luckily for her she was able to get another pictorial with playboy after the swelling went down and the fat bitch lost some weight. So her dream came true thanks to plastic surgery. Doesn't that just warm your fucking heart?!? I know I sure as shitbaskets slept better last night after watching that horrific piece of cockloving trash!!!

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com