Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Home
Leaving for home soon. Should be home Friday night/Saturday morning. Feel free to let me know if things are to occur. Back to packing...

Following this post. I went to get food, it was strange. Taco bell had an ambulance parked outside, with its lights on. I braved it anyway. The grilt stufft thing seemed smaller than a remembered, at least physically. Though I find myself incredibly full somehow, probably due in no small part to its likely enourmous calorie count and fat content. Ah well. Also, what the hell is this new blue-green mountain dew shit? Tropical something or other. It was strange, and only vaguely different from actual dew. Somehow its as though dew has become its own company and it wants to have the full variety, wonder how long before we have dew cola? That'll be fucked.

Additionally, for Tim and anybody thats interested. A link to online copies of last years Hugo nominated fiction (its THE scifi writing award, if you are under-rockalicious). Tim was asking a "can they do that sort of question?" ie legality. To which I responded, well it seemed pretty legit. After further investigation I think I actually have an answer. It appears that the hugos are at least partly decided by votes. So, for the authors to collect votes they put their stuff online so lots of people could see them. Anyway, theres a lot of scifi here that I haven't even really tried to get through:
Hugo-Nominated Fiction for 2004

In the same vein, you might want to check out the writing of Cory Doctorow, a frequent poster on boingboingblog. He writes scifi and has released almost everything he's gotten published for free online. I've only read the short stories so far, but found them to be amusing. Think I might have to pick up the novels. Anyway, he roosts at craphound.com. Which is by the way also a rather amusing short story that he has up on the site. Anyway, back to packing for real this time (at least for a bit. Then I think maybe a movie or games).

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com