Friday, June 17, 2005
Bayohobonics
I (likely) will not be coming along for this summer’s drunken trip to Chicago, or Minneapolis, or other chosen city. Why? Simply because I am far too good to be trapped in a vehicle with you people.

Also, I need to investigate some grad schools. What does he mean by investigate, you ask? By investigate, I mean make love to various beauteous grad students, wander around campuses, and bribe various selection committees and MFA faculty. Very probably someone’s publisher will offer me a 26-figure book contract as soon as I step into town. This is the sort of thing that happens, right? Right? Please…

It is quite windy in the bayou.

Damn it. I forgot to put this post in Bayounese.

Shit.

Oh, and the reason my trips to Bowling Green OH and Amherst MA cancel my ability to go on the trip is because I’m almost out of both time off and financial resources. And I’m guessing flying to Mass and driving to Ohio will leave me destitute on the doorsteps of the Royal Mile and Java Joe’s, babbling in incoherent Hobonics. Or perhaps Bayohobonics.

OOOH OOOH!I'll also be visiting Iowa City's campus, so if anyone wants to come we could get a hotel--the whole damn hotel--and do a post-trip trip there.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com