Sunday, August 14, 2005
Sunday Post
I offer nothing in this post. In fact I have offered too much by typing this. I will now retreat to my vodka and leave you in the joyous nothingness. I am quite jealous of you for it.

*beats self with a cricket bat* pretentious motherfucker, enough of that.

I've decided my car is one of three things: past warranty, filled with rage against me, or finally and most entertaining: Haunted. During a happy drive I had, my rear left blinker went out.

"Fuck! They both couldn't go out at the same time?" The right rear blinker had gone out a month earlier.

I figure I'll get the problem fixed today. I didn't feel like making the trip then, nor getting at the burnt out bulb. So today, I go to take out the bulb. I can't remember which bulb is the brake light and which is the blinker. I have Christine hit the brake pedal to light the bugger up.

I am greeted with the darkeness of the entire rear left side. This include the upper rear brake light. Only the left hand side of it.

Curious.

We turn the car on and try the turn signal. The blinker magically works again. Frustrated, I put it back together. Not that it takes long to reattach everything, and when I'm done have Christine again hit the brake and signal left.

Everything now works... Save half the rear window light...

So we open that up. This bulb is most definitly burnt out. So burnt out, the filiment is trying to escape the bulb. That is how burnt out it is. The rotten tooth of a light is now in the queue to be made into a necklace (by christine, of course,) in much the manner a warrior might take a veneer from a fallen enemy.

Replaced, everything works. For now. The air still works intermittenly (with no noticable outward factors contribuiting to its malfunctioning. Bumps or a sneeze can make it work and break). And that horrible clunking that has manifested itself at random moments during turns lead me to believe -like my spoiled milk- goblins have something to do with this.

Have a lovely sunday everyone.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com