Friday, November 11, 2005
Dispatch from the pile
I woke at 9 and crawled out of the pile of your mothers, sisters, girlfriends, wives, etc. "Where are you going?" they asked as one, which is not surprising, as they need me. And then I thought: where am I going? So I got back in and slept till 11, as predicted.

Remember when I said that the Theory of Everything was pretty good? It's still pretty good. It's a radio podcasty thing, mostly talk, with music in the background and a different theme each week. In the past 12 hours I listened to five, I think, while I played Halo. The last ten minutes of "Anatomy of a Love Story" is about a dating service for people with STDs, and comes highly recommended. The program, not the dating service. You sick fuckers.

www.toeradio.org

Dave's post is so sad but also so entertaining...and now we know why God puts people in unfortunate circumstances: for the rest of our amusement.

This next bit is for John:

JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO! JOHN I'M PLAYING HALO!

You said you wanted to know.

And I'm listening to a Bobaflex song. You should burn me a CD of them or something. Or let me rip one. Because I do not support artists I like.

This will go on for the next hour or so, intermittently, I'm sure.

In response to Andy's post: I hated fishing stuff out of the pool. Man. Talk about futile. And disgusting.

When I was a kid I was terrified that someone might swim around at floor level poking people in the ass with pins and other pointy items...thankfully this never happened.

Another memory from my far flung youth: my mother telling me that if I peed in the pool, yellow bulbs would flash and sirens would sound and it'd generally be as if an Air Raid were happening.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com