Thursday, April 20, 2006
Tofu OR 4/20
Today is 4/20
I only had 8 people show up for my Abnormal class.
I have formed 2 ideas of why this may have happened
1. Everyone thought today was Saturday
2. I have a lot of substance users in my class.
Either or, whatever works for them.

Now, to the bean curd!


So, being the vegetarian that I am, sometimes lunch in the union is kind of worthless. I'm not much of one for Asian cuisine, and everyone looks at me crazy when I order a sammich that has just cheese on it, but I guess there is the salad bar place, or possibly a slice of cheese pizza or breadsticks or something, but that can become old quite quickly.Today when I was pondering dining choices, and all I'd come up with by then was a small bag of grapes, I noticed that my friend Chris works at Wasabi. He talked me into getting some pasta, which I was pretty excited about, since I thought they just had Asian stuff. (And I'm kind of prejudiced because of my former INSANE roommate, but that's neither here nor there) So, with him being my pasta artist, he whipped up some whole-grain pasta with some sun dried tomatoes, some fresh diced tomatoes, green pepper, and a marinara sauce (Okay, I have a thing for tomatoes) and when he asked me what kind of protein I wanted in there I inquired about the choices: beef, chicken, tofu, or some other meat-ish thing, I don't remember.
Feeling a little crazy, I sad, "Heck, throw some tofu in there!"
And he did.
To be completely honest with you all, it wasn't bad. It doesn't really have much of a taste, because it just absorbs whatever you cook it with. So, it tasted like tomatoes and peppers. Pretty tasty if I say so myself.Not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I think that it could possibly use some further exploration.
That's all I've got.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com