Thursday, November 30, 2006
Boring, Stupid Stories from my Life
Stupid Story Number One: There's some kind of linguistics experiment going on in our office today . . . everyone's taking turns reading into a tape recorder, this goofy story about a detective traveling up and down the coast, firing a pistol and trying to arrest drug dealers.

Stupid Story Number Two: Remember that post with the little gasoline pump man? Later that night, as I was driving home from Iowa City at two in the morning, my driver's side window slipped away into the rusty abyss of my door. I stopped at every rest stop on Interstate 80 to pull the window back up, becuase it was fucking freezing. I tried holding the glass up, but my fingertips turned cold and stiff and numb. I ended up tearing ass down the road with a hoodie and a jacket and a scarf and gloves, with another jacket pulled from my trunk and thrown over my legs.

Today I took my car in for repairs. They told me not to worry about it, that I could hang out while it was done, but then, after they took it, I was told it would take all day! All day! So I walked home at eight am, underdressed, bitterly cold.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com