Sunday, December 06, 2009
Borderlands. Rated M for Mature!
CLP-TRP, that plucky robot saves the game. So, for the amusement of Andy and Tim, let's write a review.

First and foremost: I don't generally like FPS and I find it hard to get into them. Aside from Timesplitters, a game most of our group complained about and never got into deeply, I have kept FPS games at an arm's distance. I do admit that I will play Halo in social situations, but the same goes for me and drinking. And smoking.

HOWEVER, Borderlands is recommended. Lots of guns, lots of exploring, simple level gaining. They also did the smart thing and took away the mysterious stats like Dexterity and replaced it with simple numbers. The graphics aren't overblown with bloom and browning, although they teeter close to an overused Toon Shade on everything, which makes close ups on people look like a nightmare. I know most of you have played the game or watched me & Amish marathon the damn thing. I didn't get to see the zombie DLC but I hear it's worth it.

But, I digress. I don't know how to use that word, or even what it actually means. I just wanted to say it and sound smart. Multiplayer is annoying with vertical split screening and having to move the right analogue around to see everything (THE INCONVENIENCE!!). Morgan talked of some sort of bonus that just vomits bullets and health packets, and that's really the only other complaint I can think of. My only real butthurt is how short the game appears to be. It could also be that Amish knows the game by heart by now and whenever I play it, I seem to tag along with Big Brother and jam on controller two until he steps in.

Bla bla blah. Go try it. If I had a rating system starting at one for shitting dick nipples on morbidly fat hermaphrodites and 14 for chainsaw-toting hipster girls riding dinosaurs into space battles (it's my system; don't judge me asshat) this game gets a solid 9.7 out of 14, which equates to a Mad Max situation with robots and mutants and shit tons of guns. Which this game truly is.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com