Thursday, December 03, 2009
WE DRIVE TWO HOURS HERE AND TWO HOURS HOME

WE WEREN'T TOLD ANY OF THIS.

 

WE WEREN'T TOLD A LOT ABOUT THIS.

 

NO.

 

I'M TALKING ABOUT LOSING THE SCHOLARSHIP. THE GRANT MONEY. FOR NOT COMING TO SCHOOL IN OCTOBER. WE WEREN'T TOLD THAT GRANT MONEY WOULD GO AWAY.

 

I know I said I wouldn't blather about overheard student complaints anymore but I blew up the size on the word processor so that the letters are about an inch tall and the screen jerks every five characters and it made it so much fun.

 

I'm so bored right now that my brain is decaying. It's a dried eggplant in my skull, sinking in on itself, the skin caving, the color going.

 

I'm administering a test right now for lack of anything better to do, which means that in 1.5 minutes I have to go next door and announce that five minutes remain.

 

After that I have to go back and read instructions for the math portion of the test.

 

No calculators of any kind.

 

Just 22 seconds to go now.

 

Here is a dilemma that Sarah and I have, and have had ever since moving into our current apartment: it is probably the most lovable apartment either of us has ever lived in. Wood floors, lots of space between the office and the bedroom, an unconventional layout, and enough decay/oldish features/dents in the floor, etc that it maintains some character. A damn hallway. But now that we're in this great place, we've kind of got as moved in as we're going to get, but we haven't yet acquired all the things that would really trick it out: lamps, for example. Excepting the areas where food is handled or shoved into our mouths, there are no overhead bulbs, so we strategically placed around the few lamps we have and exist in this yellowish twilight after the sun goes down. It works and it's sort of atmospheric, but it's a little gloomy.

 

What am I even saying here? I guess the point of interest is that we both were thrilled to get out of the cramped and bizarre old place and into this new place and now can't bear to even acquire three extra lamps.

 

YOU SHOULD BE WORKING AT DISNEY. WITH THE REST OF THE NUTS.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com