Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Freaking her out
Well, Blog, did you know that my parents will travel to this state in
a few months time, at the beginning of May? It's true. This will be
their second arrival here to see us, and will be considerably
different than the first: Rather than staying in a hotel on the south
side of town, they will stay with me and Sarah. This is promising
because I won't have to drive 30 minutes to see them, won't have to
sleep in a strange place when I'm over, won't have to procure a bunch
of single-shot groceries, won't have parking issues any weirder than I
usually do, etc. Also all my clothes etc. will be close to hand. Also
they can go walk around the neighborhood or hit the grocery store or
screw around with squirrels or the cat while I'm out.

But it also means that Sarah and I have to get a cot or an inflato
mattress or something. Do you have any recommendations? Recently I
slept on a modern military folding bed and it was awesome, except that
my back became cold as it hovered feet off the tile in a chilled
apartment.

What would you do with your parents in Florida for seven days? I bet
you're thinking this: take them to Disney. And we might. Last year we
did visit a park for one day and it went surprisingly well, everyone
walked around, saw giraffes, etc., drank soda and ate popping corn.
There were crocodiles. And this year we may visit one park as well.
But what else? What else?

There is a place called Gatorland but come on now.
There are prostitutes on Orange Blossom Trail.
There are shitloads of orange trees.
There is the beach, but it is an hour away.
There is my office, where my mother went nuts with her camera last year.
Maybe we'll hang out in the apartment, taunting the cat. All petting
her at the same time. Eight hands. Freaking her out.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com