Monday, February 15, 2010
you've got me confused
Megan's two best friends are both recently single. Anyone need a date? I think it would be in my best interest if they get off the market soon so Megan doesn't start to get ideas about jumping ship. I know at least one of them plays video games.

I've been listening to 105.1 (the Ames station) for the past week with great enjoyment. The other day I heard a song called New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures. AWESOME song! The whole album is pretty cool, but that one song really stands out. Dave Grohl is involved, along with a couple of other famous musicians.

Yes, that was an all-caps awesome and it means I'm for serious.

Aside from that . . . I've been slowly plodding through The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. I'm almost finished with the first volume of two books. There are four books total, but they come in two volumes. Meaning there are two physical books, but four metaphysical books. It's confusing, I know. At any rate, it's been pretty good so far. The story is a pretty unique piece of science fiction set on a post-starfaring Earth, where society has sort of reverted back to medieval times and technology is only around as a dilapidated antiquity. The main character (and narrator) is introduced as a boy being brought up in a guild of torturers. It starts off slow but it really starts to pick up in the second book (the second metaphysical book, that is).

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com