Thursday, February 11, 2010
On Ice
Living in Iowa this winter is like living on Hoth. Only there are no ton tons. Speaking of ton tons, have you seen the ton ton sleeping bag? You can unzip it, slide in, and stay warm for the night. Ooooh yeah.

I haven't been able to check the blog much lately, because I can't access it from work. Work is now conveniently located next door to Barnes and Noble on the side opposite Rock Bottom. Surprisingly, I've only had lunch at Rock Bottom once. I have spent quite a few lunch breaks in Barnes and Nobel though. Today the up escalator at Barnes and Noble was temporarily stairs.

It is 9:43 and I am very tired. I will probably get up at 5:27 tomorrow and leave the house at about a quarter after six. It is strange! Before I started this job I was working 12:30 to 8, going to bed about 2 and drinking pretty much from the time I got off work to the time I passed out in my bed. It is strange! It's good though. I finally got a job with benefits and a regular employee status. I've been formatting and proofreading sales proposals for ADP these past three weeks. No, I'm not writing video game scripts, but I'm not taking phone calls either, so it is good.

I'm tired. Everyone is getting married?!? How can this be??? Maybe I should get married. you think?

Here is a Man's Fairy Tale:

Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess.....
'Will you marry me?'
The Princess said, ‘NO!!!'
And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The End

I am strangely not satisfied with what should be a tremendous victory. After a year of wanting, wanting, wanting what I didn't have, now I've got it! I have a beautiful girl, a great job, and a nice place to live. Isn't that the American dream? This is the goodie at the end of the rainbow, right? Now I just think fondly of the days when I wasn't complete. Is this success or surrender?

I should have been an astronomer. Ever seen Enceledus? What a moon. It's the sort of moon other moons dream about being.


0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com