Thursday, March 04, 2004
Pizza Hut has ketchup now?
Well, I haven't written on the blog for a long period of time, mostly because I feel I have nothing of interest to say. However, tonight at work has been one of the wackiest nights ever. It was as follows.
10:30- arrive at work, meet Megan with a grumble, its raining outside, and the truck is there, thus pizza making supplies, etc are strung around the back room and walk-in haphazardly. Go into walk in, and find the entire bottom shelf stacked with cheese, salad cart is behind 2 stacks of boxes larger than myself.
11:00 phone rings, Megan and I have decided Mr. Free Pizza (James) was high and had a sever hunger case of hunger going on while he was ordering food. Kendra (other waitress) calls, she died her hair and is allergic to it, she's going to the hospital, can I stay till 8?
Lunch time-not a soul till around 12-ish, then quasi-busy. The fine folks of Albia saw fit to tip me graciously. And it was much appreciated. James May shows up to work. Things slow back down around 1-ish. Then his wife and screaming children come and terrorize the place for about an hour.
3-ish...Walking around with nothing to do. But can't go home...Clean everything that can be clean...Change salad bar, sweep, etc. Anything else? I've got till 8 pm to do! What's the rush?
5:00 Erin and rest of people show up. Megan is innocently making pizzas when the small cutting board I wield in my hand now looks like a weapon. SMACK. Right on her backside! Thus the first violent act of the evening.
Short time after that: Megan is cutting a large order (18 pizzas worth) for some party, and she says something stupid. Erin smacks her across the face. More violence ensues. The rest of the evening was filled with people getting knocked down and getting smacked. And it was also Sharon's birthday, so we bought her a cake and had a wee shindig in the dining room after everyone cleared out. Then the flooding becomes apparent. We have Lake Erin in the bathroom, Kelly's Dam in the office, Sharon's Crossing in the dining room, ect. It was insane.
8:30- no one is there, and Stacy is supposed to close...I wonder why I'm still at work, then clock out, go home $50 richer, with a stomach full of cake. What an insane day.
All in all, it wasn't too bad, except I didn't get my story turned into my writing prof, and missed my French III class @ 6, but it happens. Well....thats about all I have for now. Till next time.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com