Sunday, July 11, 2004
First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.
I got a big ol' gun with a big ol' bullet.
Come on fool! Walk up my hill. I'll send you rolling back down with blood in your hair.
If you come after me you better be faster than a bullet and bigger than a bear.


Summerfest in Ankeny was the shiznit. Two nights of drunken fun.

The after-party friday night was wierd though. It was in a town called Huxley, north of Ankeny. In a house that used to be a cafe, lived four rich boys fronting as punks. They bought it and put up concert posters they bought off some website. They also had some expensive toys, like a nice drum-set, a few guitars, some speakers, a ping-pong table, a foozeball table and an assortment of other good-looking furnishings.

They had an entertainment center that probably cost about $5000. The big-screen alone would be around six-hundred, I'm sure. A Clockwork Orange was playing on the mammoth screen. The movie was rented--they had never seen it.

I ruined the ending. Told them how he would eventually get brainwashed to be disgusted by violence.

We played pingpong on their table. Played their drums and their guitars. It was fun. I am always amazed at how easy it is to fret an electric guitar.

Trent was shotguning beers all night with some girl he had met the night before. (She works at Victoria's Secret. Good body, but I didn't like her face. I saw her again yesterday in the mall.)

I think the guys that lived there were starting to get a little upset with us. Trent was really drunk and loud. They were all sitting on a couch with their girlfriends, watching the movie, waiting for the ending that I had already explained.

One of them finally stood and started walking over toward the congregation that had formed around their bar.
I was worried there might be a fight, so I told Trent we needed to go. Shit, we had to work at nine in the morning after-all. I drove him home.

I wonder if you could be brainwashed to be homosexual, or heterosexual--maybe even metrosexual. I wonder if the right-wing, anti-gay types would try that. First they ban gay marriage, then they ban gays entirely. Maybe I would rebel by having a secret homosexual brainwashing. I would be the last homosexual man in America. The last hairspray-slinger.

Then again, maybe they wouldn't do anything so interesting. They would probably be lazy and wipe them out with public executions. Don't change them, just kill them.

Discord seems to inevitably graduate to some kind of an attack.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com