Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Some Cheese for Dave's Whine
Dave, you'd bitch about other people not posting enough even if everyone else was dead.

But since you're whining about the lack of news from us, I'll lay some shit from Novo-land all upside your head. It's been a pretty interesting, and expensive, month for me anyways.

First, my car decided it didn't like the concept of electricity and cannibalized a cell of it's battery. I found this out when I went out to run some errands and when I turned my key it just went click-click-click-click-click. After which, of course, I went fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck. Luckily, I was up before noon (this is quite unusual) so I was able to talk to Martin during his lunch and borrow his truck. I finally got the car towed into the local Car-X for a checkup, which by the way took all goddamn day to accomplish. I was at work Thursday night when Car-X called to tell me what was up, and how much the damage was. Almost $200, for the tow, the checkup, the new battery, etc. I sense that I was ripped off, but don't particularly care. I'm not exactly frugal. The car runs, that's worth 200 dollars to me. End of story.

Friday was the day that the video-game industry savaged my wallet. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (fucking awesome) and Phantom Brave (eh.. not really playing it much but seems pretty cool) both came out that week, so I went in to pick them up with Karl and Morgan. While we were there, Karl talked me into buying Final Fantasy XI (pretty cool so far- have a level 3 monk). So, I dropped pretty close to another $200 right there. Shit, between those two things and my living expenses I'm pretty much burning a whole paycheck in a couple of days. It's a good thing I'm selling all my vacation days this week.

Yeah, I'm selling them. You see, I can't use my vacation days because God hates me.

Work has been the fucking devil lately because one of the 2 people underneath me walked out a few weeks back. See, here I was thinking it was because he was a fucking idiot that flew off the handle at random shit and finally crossed the line. Apparently, though, it's because I'm a racist and harassed him. I missed all that shit happening, somehow, when I was busy bending over backwards letting him do whatever he wanted out there as long as all the work got done at the end of the day. I don't really want to talk about it right now, we'll see what happens after Wednesday this week. I have to go in and defend my actions (taking away his security badge after he walked out, which I was told to do in that circumstance) to some HR people and the unemployment office. Should be fun. I would say, though, that on the whole covering for his ass and working with temps has been a lot less stressful than putting up with his random shit. So I'm not really complaing (although being able to use some of my vacation for a couple of long weekends would have been nice).

Well, it's like 5am so I should probably go to sleep. I got things to do in the morn... Er, afternoon. When awake. Yeah, that. Just one more thing for the Squid: Kenny. Man. You need to come to DM some time and play some Street Fighter on TEH BIG SCREEN. It's fucking sweet.

Well,you did ask, Dave. Remember that.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com