Thursday, April 21, 2005
This is an email I sent to my boss
On this day, April the 21st, in the year of Our Lord 2005, I plan to vanquish the beast known as YOM. Once I have slain this foul creature, the dark shadow of late work and missed deadlines will be lifted from the kingdom of proofreading. And there will be much rejoicing.

Now I, as the humble vassal of Sir Dennis of Werning, wish to beg your indulgence. On the morrow, April the 22nd...yadda yadda yadda, I would like to be dismissed from my duties (around noonish) so that I may engage in an afternoon of prayer and fasting while reflecting on the deeds of this day.

Your humble servant,

Sir Andrew of Judge, vanquisher of late work.

This was his reply:

It is my pleasure, nay, honour to bestow upon Sir Andrew, the title of YOM Killer, and as such all the honours, merits and salutations deserved by such. Feelth free to roam away from the castle and chance upon the earthy pleasures. Be sureth to advise young lady Amy of your departure timeth.

And that is why I love my job.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com