Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Well, they are fun

Hello, Blog. Are you ready for another jumbled and poorly-spelled post? Yes, it's true, even I, an English professional, fuck up my expression when emailing in posts. It is the lack of the ability to see the final product on the screen. I tell my students about this (editing; not emailing in blog posts) in class to convince them that they should do a few drafts; the argument is that if professional writers rely on copy editors to make things pretty and meaningful, chances are that hillbillyass people who can barely be bothered to separate sentences with terminal punctuation may need a second go-through.

 

Man, let me tell you about this book I am reading: it is called The Castle in the Forest, and is the last novel by Norman Mailer (you can find an old video of him fighting people on youtube; I lacked the patience to puzzle out the backstory). The narrator is a devil who is influential in the early development of Hitler. Yes, I know; it sounds cartoonish. But is not.

 

In fact it is pretty kickass!

 

I now think of Bil every time I fumble around the internet, as I have taken to using Opera (hopefully my memory has not failed me as to his browser preference). Though I loved Firefox the damn thing started swallowing its tongue every other launch. Hey, let's read the blog. Ope, shit. And then instead of properly crashing it would just freeze up, a corpse preserved, until I force-quitted my way back to the desktop.

 

Sarah is now returning to Iowa for the weekend and part of next week, yes, crazy, and I will be alone in this, the second-most miserable state in our country (according to some article I read earlier today and cannot now be bothered to resurrect), for the first time in—ever. Ever, yes. What will I do? It's a mystery. Probably the same things I do anyway, just without Sarah for a week. Namely, playing video games.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com