Saturday, February 07, 2004
I think I'm cursed when it comes to cars. Let's look at my car history here:

First car was a 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier. My uncle sold it to me. Turns out he hadn't had an oil change in 6 years. The engine seized up after I'd had it for 2 years (I did have the oil changed, but there was a leak and I didn't check oil levels very often). It needed to be junked.

Second car was a Toyota Celica. I don't remember the year. It had a lot of wacky problems involving the battery. The car would randomly be dead the next morning, or the battery would cut out for no reason all the time. Ended up selling it to Karl's family, but it was basically a junker.

Third car was the Bilmobile, the '77 Grand Prix. I still own it, technically, and nothing major is wrong with it. Other than I can't seem to sell it and it's costing me $86 in liscensing fees a year. Sits at my dad's house and hasn't been started in 2 years. I may have to junk it just to get rid of it.

And now, my '97 Cavalier has started to begin it's downward spiral. Sure, it starts off small, the plastic guard on the drivers-side seatbelt. Meh, who cares. Then the squirty bit of the windshield wipers stopped working. That's not so cool, but it's not really major. Yesterday I got to spend 2 hours in the cold darkness trying to close my door. That just fucking sucked. Finally took care of it just now, (latch was stuck down, and slamming it a few times just jammed it into a worse position) but I can tell it's starting a trend.

I won't even bring up the time I tried to drive Karl's car to Des Moines. (again with people not checking the oil before I use the car!) Fuck vehicles. Fuck them right in their tailpipe.

On the other hand, I'm going to drive said vehicle into Albia right now. Probably am going to head to Ottumwa so I can buy some things. If anyone sees this and wants to join me or something, you have my cellphone number.

While I was outside, I noticed the Elvish ground forces are being systematically eradicated by trillions precision of blasts from "the Death Sun." Hooray for the solar imperialists and their superior technology! Elvish holocaust ahoy!

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com