Monday, May 17, 2004
...and all I could think was, "damn this secretary has a sexy voice"
Waking up after 3hrs of fitful sleeping to the phone is odd, and it's even odder when it's someone you've never talked to before, and are somewhat nervous about the call in the first place.

I have an interview at the West Des Moines Corporate Office at 2pm Wednesday, it seems.

It was a confusing conversation. I don't know if it was the phone or the lack of sleep or some combination of the two, but it seemed like I could barely hear her and there was much, "er could you repeat that?"-ing. I am to be blamed for the confusion, apparently, she just seemed somewhat bemused and had no troubles understanding me. She kept asking what would be a good day and time for me and I kept waffling between wanting to do it as late (in both the day of the week, and time of the day senses) as possible and not wanting to sound like I wanted to do it as late as possible. I probably wasn't entirely coherent at first, but this is just some secretary that deals with scheduling apparently and not one of the people that will be interviewing me.

So after I got off the phone with WDM I called my superviser and left him a voicemail to contact me ASAP. I'm going to ask if I can take a vacation day Tuesday so I can go up to DM that night and not have to get up on little sleep and drive the whole way on Wednesday morning/afternoon. Also, I don't know where the hell the office is other than "in West Des Moines" somewhere. Martin, shawk, one of you guys know/want to help me out with this if possible? I'm shit with directions, in case none of you know. I'd managed to get lost in Albia well up until right before I moved out at 19. WDM would kill me, or at the very least make me very very late. (hooray for first impressions)

Meh, I'm going to ask my superviser if I can't just have tonight off too, there's no way I'm going to be in good shape to work tonight in the first place... I might just head up after I finally wake up tonight if I can manage to get both days off, if that's ok with you two.

More information as it happens, or more specifically as the information keeps fucking up my ability to achieve REM.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com