Thursday, May 13, 2004
<fando> oh shit, stop the planet and let me off
I feel kind of bad about yesterday, I was supposed to go to my dad's 30 year of service party thing at 3M but I ended up staying up Tuesday night, going to work to check on my job in the morning, and being too damn tired to drive that afternoon. Since my phone doesn't work, I wasn't able to even call anyone to let them know I couldn't make it.

The morning was kind of weird. I was supposed to talk to my superviser and make sure my application was sent through the Hy-Vee Net since I was never prompted about it after I clicked 'submit.' Unfortunately, my superviser was nowhere to be found. I ended up talking to my superviser's superviser and he called up to the WDM office to talk to the guy that would be my superviser if I transferred up there. That guy wasn't around either, so super2 just left a voicemail basically extolling my virtues and claiming that they'd hate to lose me around here and blahblahblah.

Which was nice, but didn't solve my problem at all.

I was told my super might be over by the Freezer warehouse so I took off in that direction, but decided to just get one of the guys to call for him over the radio. That worked, turned out that the guys up in WDM didn't get my transfer application through the 'net, so was supposed to go to Human Resources and print/fill out the app again so they could fax it. Then he said that he told the superviser up there that I was a great worker and a fine leader and they'd hate to lose me around here.

..............ok.

So, off to Human Resources I go. There's one lady in there in particular, a nice older woman, who just loves me for some reason. Oh yeah, it's the hair. She loves my hair. ...and tells me so, every time I go in there. She's real nice though, and I'd rather have that than snide remarks in any case. So, printed off the application and filled it out for her to fax to WDM. She called up and talked to the HR department in WDM to make sure the fax went through, then started telling the secretary up there how much they'd hate to lose me around here. (or my ponytail, at least)

....................................

It almost made me start to feel wrong for badmouthing all the fucks at work all the time on here, although admittedly these are all people I do not see very often, unlike the racist and homophobic ones that I actually have to work alongside every day. I decided I'd better get the fuck out of there before someone else decides they need to call up to WDM and tell them how great I am. It was starting to freak me out.

I decided to take a couple of paid vacation days, so Wednesday was spent sleeping after those adventures and I've just gotten up today. I think I'm going to go to Albia tonight, at least to talk to my dad. Tomorrow I might come down to DM and stay for a while. I'll bring up some stuff maybe, too. From the sounds of things, I have a pretty good chance at that WDM job (2 glowing reviews from my supers? got the exp? shee-it. but then again, who knows. there were over 100 views of that app on the 'net) The only bad thing is my phone not working, so for all I know they've been trying to get ahold of me already. I should have given them the number of the house up in DM so I could at least have messages relayed to me or something... Oh well.

I don't like the job for one pure, simple reason: responsibility. I'd be in charge of 3 people. I would be a night superviser, basically. I don't like that too much. Other than that though, it's the job I have now (even the same hours), except with perks. Perks like, "being in WDM" and "being in an office building instead of a warehouse" and most importantly "having a much higher pay rate." My superviser asked how much start-pay would be in a job like that. He wrote it down, and showed it to me. My eyes just about bugged out of my head. I'd be making $3 goddamn more an hour. At minimum. Plus my 2 1/2 years of service here transfers over so I'd start out with like 3weeks of vacation time and all those other perk-things rolling over into it.

In other news about me, #infidelchat has started it's own Quote Database. Kind of like Bash.org, but just containing stuff submitted from #infidelchat. It's fairly entertaining, although most of them are in-jokes that none of you would get. I show up on the list a lot for some reason, probably having something to do with my sitting in there for 2 years almost every night and being a witty bastard... It's being coded from scratch by Defiant Heretic, so it's just a one-page list with the ability to view quotes individually for right now. Still quite amusing... To me, at least.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com