Tuesday, May 25, 2004
Booya . . ?
The Attic Apartment - Sofa King We Todd Ed

Had a job interview at Half Price Books in DM. Sounds like I can have the job if I want it, but due to a few things I'm questioning it. First, the pay is $7.00, which would get me by assuming the cheapo apartment thing actually happens, but is pretty lame still . . . since I just graduated with $15k debt. The atmosphere is pretty nice there, laid back, and there are a guaranteed 40 hours a week . . . but I (and my parents) hate to think that I spent four years in school to sell books alongside a squad of people who are on their way through school. Even the manager said something: after asking how long I could commit to working for the store, he asked me if I had looked around for better employment. I replied that I've been looking but that there's not much that utilizes my degree...to which he replied, "Well, I guess I don't have to ask about your ambition . . . a ha ha." And my parents encouraged me to just hang out for a while longer and search for something which will make me less likely to drown myself in a toilet...or at least wrap a bunch of weed up in my diploma and smoke it.

I'm posting this using the google toolbar's quick blogger thing. So far it seems pretty handy dandy, but the trruuuue test will be when I post. Yesterday I tried to post in a computer lab on the UNI campus and failed . . . but I think the site was down.

Well, Goathead just messaged me Donna's number, so I'm gonna call her.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com