Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Breakdancin' on yo facedancin'
Tomorrow night I'm going to be joining Grrt on a misadventure to go see Incubus in Cedar Rapids.  I get off work at approximately 5:00 and then I have to meet Grrt somewhere, then drive to Cedar Rapids, find parking and be in the concert by 7:30.  I'm guessing we won' t quite make it, but we're sure as shit gonna try!

My friend from work, Trent, is going to.  So I guess we're gonna meet up at some point afterward.  I took Friday off, so the world is my burrito until next Monday.  Thats a really good thing, because there is a lot of cool stuff going on this weekend.

(Ryan, Des Moines people...Albia people looking for a good time: you should all pay close attention to the following)

Its too bad the Zoo has to be lame and have their shindig on Thursday night, but that doesn't mean the rest of you couldn't check it out.  They will be hosting 'Zoo Brew' from around seven to eleven tomorrow night.  From what I could gather, this means they will be serving alcohol and letting people watch the animals.  This didn't sound very exciting to me at first...but then I realized the possibilites.  Alcohol and wild animals?  Oh buddy.  Just let your imagination do the rest ;)

On Friday and Saturday the 'Taste of Des Moines' festival is going on.  Mostly this means lots of food from all around the city, but it also means two more important things: Bands and Beer.

Trippin' Billies (a Dave Matthews cover band) is going to be playing at 10pm on Saturday night.  Also on Saturday, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers are playing at the Vaudville Mews.

For those of you interested in bands of the heavier persuasion, The House of Bricks is hosting 'Brickfest' on Sunday.  There are a few bands I've heard of, but mostly no-name local headbangers.  These guys will probably all be washed-up, never-went-anywhere, alcoholic wastes in a few years....so better check them out now.

There are also a couple of local joints I would like to stop by if anyone would be up for it.  There is a place called the Drunken Goat Cafe and Market that has been just calling to me (hopefully it lives up to its very cool name).  Also, there is a place serving traditional Japenese cuisine.  I was thinking that Novowls, Shawk and Martin might enjoy that.

 
So thats about it.  If anyone wants to do anything, you know my number. 

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com