Friday, July 16, 2004
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.   --Robert Wilensky
 
 
Where the heck is everyone at?
 
Now don't tell me that our Albia contingent is too poor to get on the internet.  I know there are people in the world poorer than yourselves who log on daily.  And the crew at Martin's would probably jack-in directly to their cerebellum, if such technology existed.  So I know there are people on the internet.  None of you have lives interesting enough to talk about on here?  Couldn't someone at least post a rant about how shitty their life is.  At least I would have SOMETHING to read at work.
 
I was especially dissipointed to find that I only had about four or five missed calls on my phone last night when I got it back.
 
My phone was apparently buried under one of many piles of dirtly (or clean, who can tell) laundry that was lying in the middle of Ryan and Heather's apartment.  I left it there Tuesday night and just got it back last night.  In that time I only recieved about eight calls (two of which, I made), four voice messages and three text messages.
 
I swear, no one but Lucas loves me.
 
When I checked my voice messages I was somewhat excited to find that there were four new messages.  However, when I began listening to them, my excitment quickly dissipated.
 
1st message:  "Hey Andy!  This is Lucas, how're ya doin' buddy?  When are you coming back to Albia?  Maybe we can go out to the bar and...." *click*
 
Next message:  "Hey, this is Lucas.  Just wondering what yer up to man." *click*
 
Next message: (this one was actually my Aunt calling)
 
Last message:  "Hey Andy, this is Lucas.  Where are you man, I've been callin a bunch and..." *click*
 
If I come back down this weekend, Lucas is the only person I'm calling.  The rest of you will be lucky if I even step foot into gertonia.  (That is, unless one of you calls me with a sincere apology and the promise of much booze if I promise to come play with you :)

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com