Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Grilled cheese? You have chosen . . . wisely.
Did someone say "getting called by a newspaper editor mere hours after applying"? You bet they did, beyatch! I wrapped my resume around a brick, rubber banded on some writing samples, and threw it threw the windows of a few more small-town papers. The Creston editor called me this morning to request more of such bricks. Another paper I applied to is at least fun to think about, because they want someone to write for three small papers under the same company, and possibly to be the editor in a few months.

Since you, Goathead, have expressed interest in being a copy editor: Journalismjobs.com has a pretty good handle on open positions in Iowa. Everything I've seen in newspaper classifieds is there, except not mired down in a bog of 'wanted: sewage swimmer' and 'needed: high-quality male prostitute.'

I never spell prostitute right the first time. Something about the Ts.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com