Friday, August 06, 2004
This post has 0 carbs!
Hey.
Dave recommended that I make my existance known, as I have not done such in some time. I have no real good excuses for this...
I've been being uber-freakish in that I'm working on a couple costumes for that convention thing I go to in Georgia.
Last year's mess can be viewed here. Though you might want to avoid the wretched artwork that also plagues that vicinity.

It's actually pretty cool of a thing, though. The convention, I mean. Especially if your into any brand of sci-fi/fantasy media at all...'cause it's all there.
Last year's grooviness consisted of Ray Parks, David Carradine, Ray Bradbury, Lou Ferrigno, and a few other people like that. A bunch of comic book people...video game people...people from FarScape... some Playboy centerfold chick.. James Marsters...This year looks to be quite similar, minus Ray Bradbury and plus....


Dr. Demento.


Yeah. Weep.



But D-Con also comes with it's sadness. Last year, Gil Gerard was there. He'll be there again this year as well. For those of you not into old-skool sci-fi, Gil Gerard was the One and Only Buck Rogers.
Nice enough chap. Certainly getting on in years...
The man was peddling bootlegged DVD's of the old Buck Rogers series...
I wept.
But not really. David Carradine was sitting not too far from him announcing when his Tai Chi class would take place. Tai Chi with the Grasshopper. Yeah baby. Y'all gonna die.
Then...as if it couldn't rock anymore...I found out Shannon Weaver was indeed the progeny of my interesting friend Debbie.
"Okay....whothefuck is that?"
Yeah...he's only the voice actor who is Kenshin from the Samurai X movies. Yeah, you're jealous. I went boozing with Kenshin.

So, yeah. That's what I'm up to. Plotting another fabulous four days of hob-nobbing with Geek Elite.
Only to return to mundane existance for another year....
You guys should come.
Seriously.
It would blow your fucking minds.


Or should I put it in more simple terms?
Oriental goth-school-girl chicks.
And other stuff.



You know you want it.



0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com