Friday, May 13, 2005
Goan make me a lightsaber...you betcha
Now, I know that no one who reads this blog smokes pot and that we are all law-abiding people, but I wanted to link to a couple of things I found interesting/funny.

This article/rant/conspiracy theory contains a few bits of total bullshit and quite a lot of stuff that is strictly opinion, but some of the facts that it lists (if true) are pretty impressive.

I had also seen this site, christians for cannabis, a while back and thought about linking to it, but I guess I got distracted. I probably got the munchies after looking at the site. Either that or I went to church.

Could you imagine going to church and, instead of passing around the collection plate, they pass around a bong? Then the priest/preacher starts talking about Jesus like he was some old, lovable cartoon character. "Yeah, man, that Jesus dude was cool!" Communion time would get hectic because eveyone would have the munchies and one wafer just wouldn't be enough.

I wonder. If someone said that part of their belief system and worship service was smoking marijuana, could they get away with doing it, legally? That would be a popular church. They could call it: First Church of that Far Out Jesus Dude. I think there would have to be evening services every night. Wouldn't that be aweso....errr....totally wrong and not good for the moral stability of the country? Yeah, I mean, what kind of sick sumbitch would try to form a church full of potheads?

I found out via Lightsaber World, and a few other sources, that most of the lightsaber props used in the movies were made from the handles of old flash guns. These were the flash guns that old cameras from the 30's and 40's had attached to them. This page gives a good overview if you're interested.

The types of flash guns used to make the original lightsaber props are really hard to get for a reasonable price. I've seen them going for like $275 on eBay. Some of the other, similar flash guns are not quite as popular and are a lot cheaper. I've won three of them on eBay so far and only paid about....well....we won't get into that. But the point is: Soon my apartment will become a lightsaber-manufacturing sweatshop!

Hey, I needed a constructive hobby, this is as good as any.

If anyone is interested in helping out, this will probably be an evening project. I might work on it a few hours a week, nothing serious. I would really appreciate the help/company/reassurance that I'm not the only person in Des Moines that has gone totally batshit.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com