Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Syooot. Burnsssss. Burns's Ssyoooooot...
Anyone have any idea what Hirstium's Syndrome is? Google has failed me. Which I think really means that the person who asked me to research this failed me.

Here's a passage I just read that reminded me a little of Goathead. Why? Maybe the groin grabbing.

Quoted from Herodotus: (after some dudes decide to leave their home country)

"The king, on hearing the news, gave chase and overtook them; and the story goes that when he besought them to return and used every argument to dissuade them from abandoning their wives and children and the gods of their country, one of their number pointed, in reply, to his private parts and said that wherever those were, there would be no lack of wives and children."

Woooooooooooooooooooooooha. Everyone should be really really glad they didn't live in Ancient Greece--or the ancient world, for that matter. The really important things, like groin groping, survived, while everything else got culled out. We're probably all better off without having to bid for our wives in auctions.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com