Thursday, June 24, 2004
But in the Latin alphabet, Jehovah starts with an I...
Today I received an official-looking letter from the government's personnel department. Naturally, I assumed that some shadowy governmental organization was propositioning me for high-paying, martini-swilling work, but upon opening I discovered it was a sort of background check on Lucas, who had listed me as a reference. So in the section asking for my personal opinion of him, I wrote that he was voted Most Likely to Swallow the Handful of Honeybees. Well, maybe I didn't, but that's only because there was no section asking for my personal opinion. It was all pretty boring, really. I just confirmed that he probably wasn't a Russian spy.

We Albians are all addicted to Crystal Chronicles now. By addicted, I mean 15 of the last 30 hours have gone to it. And it's pretty good, although last night at five am relations started to break down just a weee bit. That party was composed of Kevin, Garrett, Dave, and me, so you can imagine how that would go. But we slew the monsters instead of each other, and when it was all over Dave come up with a new video game:

Jimmy Jack's Grabass, with 42 Insane Levels of Grabass Fun. Now complete with all original 42 characters, including Jimmy Jack himself.

You know you want to play it.

I've been rolling between here and the Cedar Falls area interviewing with increasingly more powerful and somber executives at the Waverly Newspapers, and am now waiting for their damned response. But their oracles or fortune tellers or whatever the hell agents they use for decision-making are slow or dead, and I still have no idea whether or not I'll spend the next few weeks dashing around small town Iowa in search of news stories, or dashing from Garrett's broken armchair to the refrigerator in search of vodka.

For the Follies regulars: are there any plans this year? Dave's pretty worked up for it, but I have no idea if I'll even be available yet. Not sure about you Des Moinesians.

Uh...that's it.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com