Monday, January 03, 2005
CVDP: A Scientific Exploration
In the interest of science, I decided to launch my own investigation into the mysterious mysteries of Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. My schedule is already jam packed with writing, html meddling, and Halo playing (I lump all these activites under the broader heading of Carpal Tunnel Pursuit), but the median nerve is mortal while science is forever. So I let the investigation begin!

Step One: Investigation

I spat in the eye of scientific convention and dove right into the field with no preparation whatsoever. Road conditiones proved manageable, if a little slick, and so I made my way to QuikTrip at the top of my SW 9th Street. There I was sold two bottles of CVDP and, on impulse, a sixer of rolling rock. When will I drink this? Probably at 7:30 am, before work.

I expected the cherry flavor to carry the soda. My first clue that this would not be the case was the coloration: black as the heart of the Great Red Satan (Mediacom, of course).

I've found that my work output is greatly increased with the aid of a good, stimulating soda. But when I sat down with my laptop and cracked open one of those frosty bad boys, I found that the flavor was not only disappointingly normal, it was hardly cherry vanilla at all! I'd liken it to a partial-breed child with a full-on minority scholarship. It's maybe a sixth cherry vanilla, but it's milkin that pedigree for all it's worth.

Step Two: Find Pretty Graphic

This one kind of explains itself. Here you go.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com